Thursday, May 7, 2015

Microadventures

I was recently exposed to the idea of Micro-Adventuring. 
I was curious so I did some research. 
What is Microadventuring?

I was led to the website of Alastair Humphreys: (http://www.alastairhumphreys.com/)
He explained: "The appeal of microadventures is that they make adventure accessible to people who may have very little outdoor experience" & "Microadventures are a refresh button for busy lives".
So basically, it's a chance to get outdoors (or out into your city/town) without having to plan a huge weekend trip. 
There are adventures all around us, and they are just out our front door! 
You can plan for something different...something exciting...and do it in just a few hours and right in the middle of the week!

This is perfect for me! While I have a fair share of outdoor experience while ultra-running, I haven't done much else in the outdoors (save for that one backpacking trip). 
I am in love with the idea of microadventures. They are just what I need right now. And it will give me a chance to showcase the city that I love so dearly: my beautiful Tucson Arizona.  This will also give me the chance to try new things that I felt were too BIG. Things like mountain biking, rock climbing, etc. 

Here is an info-graphic that he created to inspire people to GET OUT THERE! 

Microadventure infographic

Are you willing to try a microadventure this week? 

~Keep Adventuring!~

No comments:

Post a Comment